TERRORIST.net 19 February 2004: Web-based Security & Technology News Aggregator WWW.CYN.NET
I am working on a new project for a security news aggregator site, which is a spin-off from my earlier “news-crawler” project. Since I work in the information security field, I used to spend a substantial amount of time every day checking a large number of security and technology websites for current news and information. To simplify this process and save myself a lot of time, I decided to create a program in PHP and a MySQL backend database. The code goes out every hour and does all the news searching for me. All this news is stuffed into the database, and organized in predefined categories (security, advisories, virus, etc.) as well as allowing users to create customized categories (sql, wireless, linux, etc.), or just perform simple search queries… The website is open for anyone to create an account and use. As of today, there are 4892 news articles, and growing daily. I am currently collecting news from about 40 security and technology sites, and I expect to add more in the near future. I have also started a new category of “world news” that is not security or tech related, but satisfies my non-tech news cravings. I hope others find this project useful.
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment