Friday, July 8, 2005

Pool Heater using a BBQ grill

"Being I'm not teaching this 8 weeks I had to do something so I invented a

pool heater out of my backyard barbecue grill. I have included some photos.

Normally you can't swim in our pool until June because it's just to cold (68F - 75F).

I like swimming in about 80F to 85F myself, if it's sunny and warm out. I created a

prototype heater coil that seemed to work for its size. I then create a large heater

coil out of 180 feet of copper tubing that connects to my pool pump using a garden hose

and fits inside the grill. The hose runs from the pump through the grill heater coils

and then into the pool. I heated my pool from 68F to 89.4F in 48 hours using 3.5 tanks

of propane. "Grill_Heater

No comments:

Post a Comment